AgriEnIcsagrienics@gmail.com +91 33-23579846
C-DAC, Kolkata Centre has been actively and consistently pursuing research and development in the field of Agriculture and Environment Electronics for more than a decade and is now ideally poised to hold a National R&D Program (AgriEnIcs) on the abovementioned domains under the guidance of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India. C-DAC, Kolkata, erstwhile, ER&DCI, Calcutta started research on Tea and Jute process automation long back in early nineties of the past century and developed a few field deployable products. The work continued in the early first decade of the current century to develop a total automation solution for an experimental model tea factory of Tea Research Association, Tocklai, Jorhat. Extremely challenging research work on electronic Nose, electronic Tongue and electronic Vision technologies were taken up thereafter with the intention of quality estimation of produces like tea and rice. Products were developed and deployed with the full satisfaction of the stakeholder institutes. These research were supported by MeitY, DST and Tea Board in respective cases.
To establish a National level Programme On Agriculture and Environment Electronics (AgriEnIcs) at CDAC-Kolkata to pursue Research & Development, Product & Solution Developments and Commercialization. This programme will cater to the nation to solve problems on Agriculture and Environment domain related to Electronics and ICT technologies. The major objectives under this AgriEnIcs Program are:
1. R&D: Pursuance of application-oriented R&D in the form of identified projects towards development of products and technology solutions.
2. Collaborative Ecosystem: Collaborative research with Academia / R&D Institutes with involvement of industry and startups.
3. Product development: Product development and commercialization. Field deployable prototype developments as the outcome of research.
4. Capacity building : Core Capacity building in various domains of Agriculture and Environment.
5. Fostering Innovation: Organizing Grand Challenge Program in the identified domains to solve key problems.
6. Outreach: Creation of manpower by imparting training, organizing seminar and extensive awareness programs.
7. International partnership: Establishment of international linkage with one / two leading global R&D Institutes and Academia for collaborative research.
We propose to establish an advanced research infrastructure and platform on application of Electronics and ICT technologies in the two very important sectors, Agriculture and Environment, under this National programme (AgriEnIcs) through convergence of multi-disciplinary technology areas and strategic alliances with a holistic look towards improving the lives of the people of India.